Whether you like to extend your planted area by irrigating the outer circumference of your pivot or you like to grow a wind resistance fence or just irrigating the corners, WESTERN systems could be equipped with different types of End Guns, with or without a booster pump, to help you achieve your goals.
Universal Joint is very resistant to forces and strong as they are :
• Heat-treated aluminum construction, • Self-aligning design and UV/chemical resistant • Polyurethane star seal or inserts that doubles its strength. • For use under harsh operating conditions. • Does not require lubrication. • ISO 9001 quality.
The WESTERN irrigation system includes a complete package of sprinklers, both fixed and rotating, in order to accommodate any type of terrain, crop, or weather conditions. The sprinklers operate at low pressure, uniformly along with the entire pivot, reducing operating costs through low operating pressure, efficient water application, and minimizing losses caused by evaporation, wind drift, and surface run-off.
• High efficiency, especially on sandy soil. • They operate at low pressure, from 6 to 20 psi (0.4 to 1.4 bar). • Wetted diameters of 6 to 10 m, depending on the operating pressure and sprinkler heights.
• High irrigation efficiency. • Low instant application rate, ideal for medium and heavy soil. • The rotary action makes it possible to throw the water further, achieving wetted diameters of 10 to 20 m.
The WESTERN tower is designed to resist the stress generated by gradients and maximize roll resistance. Welded ball joints and tapered weldments provide stress-free flex for smooth running on rough terrain. A Ball and Socket Construction connect the spans. The flexible hose boots with clamps seal the water joint, so no obstruction to the flow of water occurs. Tubular compression and diagonal force braces, a suspended span-to tower attachment, and a lower center of gravity provide greater tower strength and roll resistance. The tower legs are made of four V-shaped angels; the structure of the legs is bolted in two positions to the triangular tower bracket to minimize stresses to pipe fixtures, making the WESTERN Tower Leg Bracket the strongest on the market.
The structure of the legs is reinforced with 4 crossties and one diagonal brace to secure the structure on the most difficult terrain. The alignment system’s rod has a new attached position to the pipe for better alignment in different field terrain.
Wide Stand Pivot Point
The WESTERN pivot point base is comprised of four hot dipped galvanized structural angle iron steel legs, reinforced with 19 crossties; 4 crossties per side plus 7 crossties at the stainless steel control panel side to provide 4 adjustable mounting positions and support spans length up to 203.5’ (62.0m). The swivel elbow water inlet is made of stainless steel, and the riser pipe is equipped with a unique conduit seal to ensure free smooth rotation. The 8” riser pipe is equipped with a triple lip gasket to prevent leaks during rotation. The rotating elbow support is comprised of steel pipe 10 mm thick with lubrication points. The water inlet on the rotating elbow is made of stainless steel. The rotating elbow is made from a single 8” piece of galvanized steel.
There are different profiles for any type of crop; sugarcane, corn, potatoes, etc. Standard equipment for all WESTERN pivot points includes Anchor bolts and pivot feet, reinforcement legs, ladder, rotating elbow, riser pipe, and bottom elbow.
Using pressure regulators maintain constant pressure and flow at even and uneven fields and create the ideal conditions for sprinklers for maximum application efficiency.
Excellent wetting range
Our technicians will design your sprinkler package to provide uniform water distribution over the largest possible surface.
The struggle against the wind
By maintaining lower trajectory angles and larger droplet sizes, the WESTERN sprinkler package offers solutions for the wind drift loss to maximize application efficiency.
Dry wheel package
A system mounted on each side of the tower that keeps the nozzles away from the wheels, reducing wheel-tracking, runoff, and surface soil compaction
The best in quality wheels have the following benefiting properties
• Hot-dip galvanized 8” or 12” rims. • High-traction tires for heavy-duty work in the fields: • High lugs (32 mm) for extra traction, even on the muddy ground. • A large number of lugs (38). • Open area in the center of the tread to facilitate self-cleaning • Large tread for even wear. • Standard tire size: 14.9”x24” High flotation
Other sizes like 11.2 x 24, 16.9 x 24 and 11.2 x 38 are available.
Spans & Over Hangs
WESTERN pivots utilize the “Bow String” span design, with a maximum length of 62m (203.5ft) between towers. WESTERN pivots offer different span lengths in order to adapt the lengths of the machine to the dimensions of the field. Spans with the pipe size of 5” and 6-5/8” are available in the following lengths options:
38.2m (125.5ft), 44.2m (145 ft), 50.1m (164.5ft), 56.1m (184 ft) & 62.0m (203.5ft) In case pipe size of 8-5/8”, maximum span length is 50.1m (164.5ft). Span pipes are available in three different diameters; 5”, 6-5/8” & 8-5/8” with pipe thickness ranging from 2.8mm to 3mm. New truss joiner bracket design provides superior clamping force over the truss rod and reduces stress concentrations when compared with other leading manufacturers. WESTERN Truss Rods are made of high strength steel with hot forged heads on both ends for strength and toughness with two different sizes 3/4” and 13/16”.
The distance between two sprinklers in the span is called outlet spacing. WESTERN spans have three different outlet spacing.
The distance from the lowest point at the span to the ground is called ground clearance. WESTERN spans have three different ground clearances to match different heights of the planted crops:
• Low profile: 1.9m, (for shorter crops) • Standard profile: 2.9m (Most field crops) • High profile: 4.52m (Sugarcane)
High-strength motors with proven reliability and irrigation duty with an efficiency of 95% make it possible to use small generators and cable with a smaller cross-section.
• Forged aluminum housing. • Thermal overload protection. • Stator with aluminum blades resists corrosion and cools the motor, extending its life. • One-piece rotor with hardened helical gears. • Oversized rotor bearings. • Primed interior reduces corrosion. • Hardened helical gears for longer life and quieter operation. • Gear oil under extreme pressure provides maximum protection for internal parts. • Dual inlet joint designed for high temperatures. • Dual outlet joint provides greater protection high-strength intermediate bearing. • External joint for protection from dirt and chemicals. • Top fill the tank with the level indicator to ensure the appropriate oil level. • Easy access to the drain plug for easy maintenance ISO 9001 quality. • Standard speed: 44 rpm and 3/4 HP. Others: 34 rpm (1/2 HP); 68 rpm (1.5 HP); 73 rpm (1.2 HP). • Class F insulation
High-strength steel gearboxes designed to work under any conditions.
• Full-cycle Diaphragm keeps the increase in pressure to a minimum, increases the useful life of the joint, and reduces the accumulation of moisture. • Protective inlet joint keeps out dust, water, and chemicals. • Dual input axle for the left or right wheel interchangeably, to facilitate installation and replacement. • Stainless steel expansion chamber to protect against oxidation. Avoids breakage during transport. • Forged steel worm gear. Greater strength compacted grain structure. • Large drain plug facilitates maintenance, inspection, and refilling. • Internal joints protected from water, dust, and chemicals. • 52:1 long axle gearbox (steel). Compatible with other brands. • 50:1 short axle gearbox is available. • Option for towable machines.
WESTERN control panels are the result of our long experience in the irrigation industry, available panels in the market, and our knowledge of our customers’ needs and concerns. WESTERN panels are mounted in a stainless steel enclosure for maximum protection and safety, manufactured under strict ISO 9001 quality standards, operator-friendly and easy to understand, incorporating the highest quality electrical components and most advanced technology.
WESTERN Basic Control Panel offers standard features while the Evolution model improves monitoring field-management. Our Evolution Series integrated monitoring and control system saves time and expense by allowing you to monitor the performance and position of your system from home, office, or even the cab of your truck.
The iControl Standard is an easy-to-use control panel that enables the basic functionality of a pivot to be controlled using switches. • With manual start operation, the machine will begin moving once the Start Switch has been turned to the start position. • Automatic start operation is designed to start the machine automatically as soon as the power supply is connected. • Auto-reverse: once the machine reaches the field-end barriers, it will stop and then perform its run backward. • Percentage timer: this timer is used to regulate the speed of advance of the pivot, determining, in turn, the film of water to be applied per cycle. • The Irrigation control panel has a switch to control the irrigation of the pivot. The options available are fertigation position, irrigation position and the pivot will move without water. • Pivot direction sets the direction and enables the Auto-Reverse feature. • Safety override: iControl Standard is fitted with a manual override for the safety system of the machine. • iControlRemote button supplies the iControiRemote device.